Monday, August 24, 2009

Aveeno Deal at CVS

Our bargain hunting friend Mark alerted us to a deal on Aveeno products this week at CVS. Essentially, you can end up getting $30 worth of products for $5 (plus tax). Buy $25 worth of Aveeno products, get $10 Extra Care Bucks (ECB's) back. Here is how the deal worked for me:
First, I went here and printed off 2/$2 off coupons for any Aveeno product. I was able to print out 2 coupons on one computer. I also used 3/$2 off coupons that I had on hand for the hair care products. Next, I went here and watched a short interactive video about ReadyFill and got a $5 off $25 purchase at CVS. Then, I went to CVS. I bought 5 Aveeno items, all of which were on sale this week for $6 each (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash). After my purchases were scanned, I presented the cashier with the $5 off coupon, then I gave her all of my manufacturer's coupons, and finally I handed over my ECB's from last week's shopping trip which totalled $8.16. Altogether, I spent $6.86 out of pocket including tax and walked away with $10 in ECB's and over $30 in Aveeno products.
It breaks down like this:
$30.00 + tax original cost (5 Aveeno products at $6 each)
-$5.00 (coupon from ReadyFill video)
-$10.00 (5 / $2 off Aveeno coupons from website and coupon stockpile)
_______
$15.00 Total out of pocket (you can use your ECB's if you have any)
-$10.00 New ECB for buying $25 in Aveeno products
______
$5.00 (+tax) real cost for $30 in Aveeno products if purchased at regular price.
Thanks to Mark and CVS!


No comments:

Post a Comment